April 14, 2018: 4 Hours

1:00-5:00


Today was the first long rehearsal for the dance show Home that I am apart of. I rushed to the rehearsal right after my ACT so I was a little frazzled. Once I got there we went straight to work on the end group dance that everyone was apart of. We Spent a couple hours on that taking water breaks and we sometimes would run through other dances. Eventually we went through costumes and talked about what we might want to wear. We as a class decided that we were going to do pedestrian clothing to make the show express the true stories of real people. Every dance is about the choreographers idea of home, and how that home has effected their lives. Before we ran through the show I talked with my dancers and went through the movement to make sure they all understood it. They have taken my idea for a dance and truly have formed it into a work of art. It is amazing to see my work on an actual stage for the first time ever. Eventually we did a full run through of the show, and it truly tested my stamina since most of us were in every other dance. This show is truly turning into a magical experience we have spent every Saturday up to now rehearsing for this show, it has grown so much and it turning into a great experience. I am so excited to see everything in costume and put together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 22, 2018: 2 Hours

February 24, 2018: 2 Hours